Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dialogue Animation

This is my last assignment for animation class. I'm half done but I thought I'd post what I've finished so far.


This assignment's been really hard because it's been difficult to keep the size of the fish consistent
since the basic shape of a fish is an oblong oval. When foreshortening and distortion happens, it
makes it really hard to resort back to the original shape. Surprisingly I find it easier to animate
people because when foreshortening and distortion happens on some of the limbs or body parts,
you can always use the rest of the body as reference for the proportions. I also didn't draw the
dorsal fins and such or Nemo's stripes because they're a pain in the ass to keep consistent aswell.
Now I know why this movie was animated in CG lol. Let me know what you think about it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment